The Museion Foundation. Museum of modern and contemporary art in Bolzano,
is seeking, from June 2019, a
Museion is a renowned establishment operating on an international level and is ranked among the major contemporary art museums in Italy and the alpine region. The museum presents temporary contemporary art shows and exhibitions of its collection, which comprises over 4,000 works. An intense programme of events, collaborations and mediation is an integral part of the museum’s activity.
As Director you will be responsible for the artistic content and economic management of the institution. You will be supported by the Director of Administration.
In particular, your role will entail:
- The on-going development of the museum’s profile via innovative concepts
- The conception of an ambitious programme of exhibitions and events
- Conservation and further expansion of the collection
- Personnel management and development
- Fundraising, responsibility for the budget and budget planning
- The strategic development of mediation activities
- Representation of the institution and external communication
- Management of relations with public institutions, private partners and the Society for the Promotion of Museion
We are looking for an outstanding personality with specific competences in the field of contemporary art, a network of international contacts and adequate organisational skills for directing and innovatively developing the museum. He or she will need to take into account the particularities of the location, which is poised between three cultures and is an integral part of the intense, local cultural activity. The ideal candidate will have considerable experience of successfully developing and implementing fundraising strategies, including for sponsors and patrons. Objective-driven team-leading with an inclusive and communicative management style is indispensable. An adequate knowledge of Italian and German, the two official languages of the Autonomous Province of Bolzano – South Tyrol, as well as English, is necessary.
Pursuant to art. 8 of the Articles of Association of the Museion Foundation, the maximum amount of time the position may be held is for eight years.
Applications should be sent exclusively to:
Business Pool GmbH, attn. Katharina Végh, firstname.lastname@example.org , Tel. +39 0471 30 18 96
The submission deadline has been moved to 10/08/2018. Applications will be treated with the utmost discretion.